In the fast-paced world of business, creating a robust lead list is essential for driving growth and ensuring success. Navigating the multitude of options available for lead list services can be overwhelming, but with a clear strategy, you can streamline the process. In this article, we’ll explore effective ways to build a lead list and highlight key considerations for success.
Choosing the Right Tool
The first crucial step is selecting the right lead list service. Several tools are available, each offering unique features and capabilities:
- Data Axle Genie (formerly Sales Genie)
- Hoovers/Dun & Bradstreet
Consider your specific needs and budget when choosing a tool. While some options may be more affordable, others, like Zoominfo, offer more accurate business intelligence. Keep in mind that even the best lists require regular updates due to changes in companies and personnel.
Filtering for Success
Once you’ve chosen a tool, the next critical step is determining how to filter your search effectively. Consider the following factors:
- Geographic Reach: Define your target location using options such as radius, zip codes, or drawn-out areas.
- Company/Employee Size: Understand the ideal size of your client and factor in potential growth. Adjust employee counts to filter out leads with insufficient staff.
- Target Industries and Verticals: Identify the industries you want to target, using specific criteria like SIC codes. This specificity will result in a cleaner and more cost-effective list.
To Email or Not to Email
Another decision point in building your lead list is whether to include email addresses. Here are the options:
- Without Emails: This option is more cost-effective but requires a longer ramp-up time for calling campaigns.
- With Emails: While pricier, including emails allows for both calling and email campaigns. Ensure the validity of business emails using scrubbing sites like Neverbounce or Zero Bounce to avoid the risk of being blacklisted.
Building a lead list is not a one-size-fits-all process. Tailor your approach based on your business’s unique needs and objectives. Regularly update your list to maintain accuracy and relevance. By following these steps and staying vigilant in refining your criteria, you’ll be well on your way to creating a powerful lead list that drives your business forward in the competitive landscape.